What to Do in New York
More than 350 English students, aged 18 to 59, from 39 countries were asked recently by Kaplan International Colleges about their favorite places in New York City.
Times Square, located in the heart of the Big Apple, topped the list of tourist attractions, followed by Central Park, the Brooklyn Bridge, the Empire State Building and the Statue of Liberty.
The results of Kaplan’s “What to do in New York” survey have been published as a motion graphic. Visit the motion graphic page to take your journey around the most popular places in New York City.
Other survey results include:
• Central Park is the most popular park or green space (59%).
• Lion King is the favorite on or off-Broadway musical (43%).
• SoHo is the most popular shopping destination (40%).
• Madison Square Garden is the most popular live music venue (38%).
• The Metropolitan Museum of Art is the favorite gallery or museum (33%).
• The Meatpacking District is the most popular area for nightlife (27%).
• Little Italy is the favourite area to eat out (21%).