Learning About European Regions
LEARNING ABOUT EUROPEAN REGIONS (LAER)
is a new project initiated by Lara Fick, a Danish teacher of English, focused on 13-14 years old students from European countries.
Mission of the Project:
enabling students to use “real” English for promoting their region to other young people living in EU countries and at the same time to have a chance to learn about other European regions as well.
Main Benefits from the Project:
– using and practicing “real” English
– finding out about European regions
– using and working with IT
Phase 1 – till the end of 2014
– prepare presentations in English about your city, region, country, etc.(including images, videos, maybe some words of your language as e.g. greetings, school, student can be added, too).
Your class can be divided in to groups and prepare individual parts. Maybe, it can be designed as a tourist brochure.
Then your works can be e mailed to each other and the sam e time published on the web for your students to discuss them.
Basically, it is mostly up to you how the presentations are made.
Phase 2 – 2015
– students potentially divided into groups and preparing presentations about themselves (teenage life in our region, hobbies, family, etc…) and then talking about it using SKYPE.
Simple English News.com – PRACTISE ENGLISH EVERYDAY
More info about the project: [email protected]